Welcome to Woodneuk Fold
The Thomson family came to Woodneuk Farm in November 1942. At that time the farm was 250 acres.
During 1951 we were offered grazing rights on a farm belonging to Paisley Council, adjacent to Woodneuk. With no buildings available, it was decided to establish a suckler herd based on Highland Cross cows. To this end, 9 Highland cows and a bull were purchased in Oban in 1954. This was the start of the Woodneuk Fold of Pedigree Highland Cattle.
We returned to Oban regularly buying cattle mainly older cows from established folds. The better cows ran with the Highland bull, and the majority accompanied a Shorthorn bull.